Re: [Vala] GObject Extensions

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 10:29 -0300, Matías De la Puente wrote:

2008/7/17 Yu Feng <rainwoodman gmail com>:
        Hi Matias,

        1. Gdk.Window isn't a GObject.

Gdk.Window IS a GObject, you can see this in
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#GdkWindow

Thanks for correcting me.

Object Hierarchy
GObject
   +----GdkDrawable
         +----GdkWindow

        2. I think once the class definition is closed, you can't
        extend it, but

I  agree with you that once the class definition is closed we can't
extend it. But in this case the gtkglext functions extend the
GdkWindow object to bring OpenGL capabilities to some GObjects.

I post this to make a more clean code in vala. The best solution is
that GTK implements OpenGL!!. I hope that in GTK 3.0 present this
capability.

It seems that GTK 3.0 has the priority in sealing all data members than
adding new capabilities.

Matias