Re: [Vala] GObject Extensions

2008/7/17 Yu Feng <rainwoodman gmail com>:
Hi Matias,

1. Gdk.Window isn't a GObject.

Gdk.Window IS a GObject, you can see this in http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#GdkWindow

Object Hierarchy

  GObject
+----GdkDrawable
+----GdkWindow

2. I think once the class definition is closed, you can't extend it, but

I  agree with you that once the class definition is closed we can't extend it. But in this case the gtkglext functions extend the GdkWindow object to bring OpenGL capabilities to some GObjects.

I post this to make a more clean code in vala. The best solution is that GTK implements OpenGL!!. I hope that in GTK 3.0 present this capability.

Matias