Re: [Vala] gtkaml - An Application Markup Language for GTK+Vala
- From: "Vlad Grecescu" <b100dian gmail com>
- To: "Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy" <pclouds gmail com>
- Cc: Vala ML <vala-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Vala] gtkaml - An Application Markup Language for GTK+Vala
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:32:31 +0200
On Feb 3, 2008 8:22 PM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds gmail com> wrote:
2008/2/4 Ed Schouten <ed fxq nl>:
* Vlad Grecescu <b100dian gmail com> wrote:
> I had this idea for some months now, to write a preprocessor that
> converts xml like the one below into valid GTK+ code:
But... isn't this what Glade already does?
Glade (or GtkBuilder) format is too verbose. You can hardly write it
with a text editor. From a first look, it seems gtkaml goal is to make
it easy to write without a dedicated tool (such as Glade).
Thanks Duy, that's exactly the point:
If you know GTK+ you already know how to write gtkaml files.
And since you know Vala already;), you will never have to edit the
generated code (as happened with glade2).
] [Thread Prev