Re: [Vala] Thanks

Sam Danielson <samdanielson    > writes:

That's the Christmas Spirit.

Merry Christmas :)

It is, actually very informative to port a C program into Vala. I first started
to code this program in C and then went to Vala. This provided a better
understanding how things work.

Since I am more familiar with SVN I created a Google Code Project:

http://code.google.com/p/canols-movie-archiver

I gave a very original name to the app so that it is not confused with other
movie archivers: Canol's Movie Archiver :)

The code is a little(!) messy. And the program is buggy, there is no check
whether the user entered the data in correct format or if a movie is selected
before deleting or editing movies, which causes crashes, for example.

The program consist of only 1 vala file and you can compile it via:

    valac --pkg gtk+-2.0 -o movie_archiver main.vala

command.

There are too many things to add to the program in order it to be practical,
though, I will spend my days to clean the code up a little bit, first.