Re: [Vala] inline C

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 13:00 -0500, Jamie McCracken wrote:
The disadvantage to inlining is it destroys the platform independence -
IE you would not be able to create a gcc front end for vala nor would
you be able to have vala->c++ or vala->jvm/clr.

jamie

Hmmm, I would love to be able to use C++ libraries from Vala (or Genie,
since it's a natural jump from Numeric Python which I currently use).

Any ideas on how to do that? Compile the vala/genie-produced C code with
a C++ compiler?

Cheers,
Conrad
Conrad D. Steenberg Ph.D.            conrad steenberg caltech edu
Scientific Software Engineer         http://www.nupack.org
Pierce Bio-Engineering Lab           Mail Code 114-96
California Institute of Technology   Pasadena, CA, 91125