Re: [Vala] inline C

You can currently get the same effect by using extern keyword for c
functions in an included c file (you can pass a .c file to valac for
this purpose)
[...]

Vala is not a preprocessor for gcc, although I'm sure many people look
at it this way.
[...]
Personally, I rather have limited
functionality that works and is not expected to change as opposed to
having a bunch of sugars that work in most cases and are removed/limited
when proven to fail otherwise. The vala concept works fine, so I think
it would better to target 1.0-stable and fix the relevant blocking bugs
instead.

I'm in full agreement with this.
There is no reason for ugly inline C blocks when it is so easy to
either compile C code along with Vala code or to utilize C libraries
from Vala code.
I also agree with Yu Feng that the detraction from understandability
outweighs any added convenience.

--
http://homes.eff.org/~barlow/EconomyOfIdeas.html
http://www.dreamsongs.com/MobSoftware.html