Re: [Vala] inline C
- From: Yu Feng <rainwoodman gmail com>
- To: conrad steenberg caltech edu
- Cc: vala-list <vala-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Vala] inline C
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:21:12 -0500
On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 09:18 -0800, Conrad Steenberg wrote:
On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 13:00 -0500, Jamie McCracken wrote:
The disadvantage to inlining is it destroys the platform independence -
IE you would not be able to create a gcc front end for vala nor would
you be able to have vala->c++ or vala->jvm/clr.
Is it generally possible to use in C C++ libraries at all?
Hmmm, I would love to be able to use C++ libraries from Vala (or Genie,
since it's a natural jump from Numeric Python which I currently use).
Any ideas on how to do that? Compile the vala/genie-produced C code with
a C++ compiler?
] [Thread Prev