Re: [Vala] Vala Toys for GEdit

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 14:30 +0200, Vlad Grecescu wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
>
> Thanks for the nice project.
> I just set it up from r136  and I think it really helps people develop
> faster in Vala!
>
> One question: I noticed that the moment you open a paranthesis, vtg
> shows the parameters popup and closes the paranthesis too
> i.e if I type "int main(" I already have ")" appended.
> Can this behaviour be optional? (or is it from gedit?)
>
> Thanks,
> Vlad Grecescu

Hi Vlad,

thank but remember Vtg is still a work in progress thing ;)

About your request, I think that you are referring to the vtg bracket
completion feature. Yes it can be turned off in the configure Vtg
dialog.

The bracket completion can do a lot more then closing parenthesis try
this:

1) Select some text and press " or ( and you will see that text enclosed
with "
2) call a function and then press shift + return, a ; will added to the
end of the line and the cursor is moved to the new line with the correct
tab indentation
3) write a function and press shift + control + return a couple of { }
will be added
4) just write a { and the corresponding } will be added on a new line.

There are still some bugs to be ironed out, and I'm fighting with a
severe crash on the symbol completion module right now.

I hope this help. Cheers,
Andrea

Right! I thought that disabling 'bracket completion' will stop popping up method parameters so I haven't tried it:D

All those shortcuts seem interesting but will take some time to get used to, on the other side the symbol completion rocks!

Thanks,
Vlad