[Vala] Question on Documentation and tutorials.

Hello,
 I just wanted to start by saying that I really do appreciate all the work that you do here on vala and I am very excited for the completion of this language and it's tools. As such I am interested in learning vala, however I have had a hard time with the documentation. I have looked through the tutorial located at http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial which I found to be informative. Also some of the examples on the vala web site are pretty good, though I would appreciate more comments and explanations of certain things. However the documentation doesn't not seem to be through or complete, for example file I/O is one thing I have not found full documentation for. Another thing that I think would be useful would be a standalone vala-gtk api with it's own tutorials. If these things I mentioned are available please point me in the right direction. I have mostly worked with C++ and Qt as well as a little gtkmm so I am not really familiar with C and the C api for gtk etc.

 I understand that this is all a work in progress and I do appreciate your efforts, I am just eager to get started on some projects with vala.

Sincerely,
AhmedG.