Re: [Vala] mixing c++ in vala

2008/8/20 Martin (OpenGeoMap) <martin opengeomap org>:
Hi:

Is it possible mix VALA(c) and c++ code. I would like do GUIs in vala, but i
need c++ because i have many libraries in that language. My idea is compile
all vala code to C and work with that C code, but i see a problem in that.
How i could call a C++ function from VALA. Imposible???

When you write vala code, you are effectively writing C code. So short
answer is no, you can't.

Gtkmm would suite better for your task and it's actually a high
quality binding, if you have to use C++, then use C++ all over the
place, avoid mixing different languages.

Although I'm curious, which C++ libraries do you need?

--
Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz