Re: [Vala] Minor feature request.

On Mit, 2007-03-14 at 18:16 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
On 3/14/07, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
On Die, 2007-03-13 at 22:17 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
Is it possible to have the GTypeInfo initializers have each element in
one line ? The generated code is so unreadable without that...

I don't know how hard it would be, but, if it is not that hard, I
think it could help those who would like to use Vala for internal
development but release the generated code for download. Users could
read and patch easier.

We might fix this sometime but you'll probably understand that there are
more important issues we'd like to take care of first.

Sure, just knowing that it will be done someday is everything I
needed. It just means that if I find some sort of roadblock using vala
I will (someday) be able to generate the code and fall back to pure C
at anytime with not much trouble :)

Actually, if you could point me as to where these things are done, I
could take a look at the code and try some patching. I didn't touch a
compiler since Compiler's internals class in college but I think I can
handle myself inside Flex/Bison to do some minor patches.

You don't need to refresh your flex or bison knowledge for that as it
doesn't affect the parser. The rather ugly code generating the get_type
functions is in vala/valatyperegisterfunction.vala

Jürg