Re: [Vala] Examples for a starter.

On Sam, 2007-03-10 at 23:49 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
2007/3/10, Alexandre Moreira <alexandream gmail com>:
What do you say ? Is the proposal valid ? Is anyone interested in helping ?

If so, I think we could just continue this thread adding starter
example ideas and examples on how to do it. Then we could wrap it up
and post it in the page.

My 2 cents:
- Using Glade with Vala
- Configuring MonoDevelop (probably the best Linux C# IDE right now)

I don't actually know if the latter is planned, but it seems like a
nice fit (if Eclipse / NetBeans can be used (horribly) for C/C++
development, why not use a C#-oriented IDE for developing in a C#-like
language?)

It's not planned right now, I don't know how well suited MonoDevelop is
for languages not targeting Mono. We're also considering writing
plug-ins for Eclipse and GEdit but that's all far from being realized,
unfortunately.

Jürg