[Vala] Examples for a starter.

Hello, everyone.

I'm somewhat skilled with GObject (lets say "average programmer") and
was thinking in using Vala.

The thing is, I can't find documentation and, as I have been told by
Jürg, it doesn't really exist in a usable form yet.

I was wondering then: Does anyone have valuable examples for a starter
? I admit that some of the examples I need are not exactly
"beginner-examples" but I'll simply post a list of the examples I
think would be useful for something like a "Programming by example"
document, which could then be put on the page, and feel free to add
more ideas and post examples if you want.

I think it is a great way to increase the ammount of docs for Vala
without putting some one to actually try to write a organized doc.
Programming by example rules.

Here goes my personal list.

Interface implementation and required interfaces;

Calling C Code (and of a non-GObject based library) from Vala programs;

Complex signal hooking (I don't know if vala does this but I'd like to
know how it treats -- if it does at all -- connect versus
connect_after) ;

I think thats all I'd need to start doing my tests with Vala, and I
think others can come up with other nice things to have in
"Programming by example docs" for Vala.

What do you say ? Is the proposal valid ? Is anyone interested in helping ?

If so, I think we could just continue this thread adding starter
example ideas and examples on how to do it. Then we could wrap it up
and post it in the page.

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.