Re: [Vala] Static array initialization

On Don, 2007-03-08 at 20:11 -0600, Cayle Graumann wrote:
On 3/8/07, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
I'm in fact currently implementing a generic ArrayList class for Vala
that does exactly that. I've to fix some bugs in the compiler first to
get this nicely integrated, though. If you're interested in that
library, I'll cc you when I have some experimental version ready.

I wasn't thinking of resizing every time one by one, but in fairly
sizeable chunks of 512 or 1024 int - so using resize may actually work
for me.  I'll just have to see.  I'd like to see your ArrayList
implentation when you done.  If your wondering what I'm working on - I
am reimplementing the speedy non-SAX XML parser Vtd-Xml from
ximpleware.  There is a java and a C# implementation.  They also have
a C version, however it uses an exception library based on
preprocessor macros.  The Vala implementation will use signals rather
than exceptions.

That sounds interesting, I'd really like a nice XML library for Vala. We
will add syntax support for GError-based exception handling but we're
not working on it yet, so it won't be ready anytime soon.

I will keep you posted regarding the ArrayList class.

Jürg