Re: [Vala] Using Gir instead of vapi (and bug 624923)

Hello,
                      في ح، 19-12-2010 عند 22:31 +0100 ، كتب Luca Bruno:

http://abderrahim.arablug.org/tmp/anjutagirs.tbz2

> > Trying to compile the vala support plugin (which is written in vala),
> > using '--pkg IAnjuta-3.0' with a proper --girdir also works (when I
> > revert fc7fe82fbd0b19b6caaf, of course).
>
> That has to be postprocessed.
It is now working with the latest switch-to-gir.

> Official gir dir must not contain vala specific files. So better the last
> one, at least until you can't specify --metadatadir with valac. With that it
> makes sense to install the .metadata but in an anjuta specific directory.
At this point, I think I'm going to give up for now and wait for the
next version, so my questions (yeah, I'm asking too much questions ;-p)
are going to concentrate on the future of vala :

What's the plan for metadata in vala? Is is supposed to "replace" vapi
for libraries using g-i? I mean, are we going to use gir+metadata for
libraries using g-i? This would seems logical as G-I is becoming the
standard for bindings, and it would be otherwise difficult to convince
everybody to generate vapis (but would be easier to include and install
simple metadata files). But these would need some place where valac will
automatically look for them (so no "anjuta specific directory" ;-)).

Thanks and Regards,
Abderrahim