Re: [Vala] Using Gir instead of vapi (and bug 624923)

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 08:48:10PM +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
> I get duplicate symbol errors, as one depends on the other, the latter
> is parsed twice (once as a dep and once because it's on the command
> line).

Can you upload the .gir somewhere?

> I'm afraid this doesn't answer my question : I'm not really referring to
> what is done in vala (and that's why I said this may be a user
> question), I'm thinking about "my" project. Since it's easier to
> understand when given the problem statement (rather than a partial
> solution), here is the full story:

Didn't understand initially sorry.

> Trying to compile the vala support plugin (which is written in vala),
> using '--pkg IAnjuta-3.0' with a proper --girdir also works (when I
> revert fc7fe82fbd0b19b6caaf, of course).

That has to be postprocessed.

> My questions are :
>   1. Should I install the IAnjuta-3.0.metadata somewhere? (in the
> girdir, or in some specified gir metadata dir), or is it better to
> generate the vapi and install that? (taking in consideration that it's
> painful to do that because of the above bug).

Official gir dir must not contain vala specific files. So better the last
one, at least until you can't specify --metadatadir with valac. With that it
makes sense to install the .metadata but in an anjuta specific directory.

>   2. Is it possible to include a Gtk-3.0.metadata in Anjuta to work
> around the fact that I can't use neither Gtk-3.0.gir (because valac
> doesn't like it ;-p) nor gtk+-3.0.vapi (because of bug 635287, valac
> ends up parsing both).

Copy Gtk-3.0.gir in anjuta and fix the <package> :)

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System