Re: [Utopia] gnome-mount 0.3 is out

Hi Kay!

Kay Sievers [2006-01-12 14:31 +0100]:
> > This might change sooner that later. I was talking to Matthew Garrett
> > on IRC some days ago about him finishing the patch that makes
> > hald run unprivileged but still exec helpers (addons, callouts, method
> > invocations) from a helper process still running as root (using D-BUS
> > in point to point mode between the two).  The reason, IIRC, was the
> > desire to use the power management methods that HAL now offers.
>
> What do you think will read volume labels an similar stuff from new
> devices then?

Right now, hald does it reasonably well, provided it is in the right
groups (cdrom, floppy, etc.).

Of course that does not cover hard disk partition labels; if you want
this, you need a separate root helper who does this as well.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?