Re: [Utopia] GNOME Power Manager "redesign"

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 20:16 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:

> It could be, if you had an action combo for "When battery is activated"
> - the battery would have "no action" chosen, but UPS could be "send
> warning" - makes things a bit more cluttered.

The extra tab for UPS power seems cluttered to me. :)

Perhaps if you rename the UPS tab to Battery, and change the two options
within to "When switching to battery power" and "When battery charge is
low."  My desktop's "on battery" profile would then handle lowering
power consumption just like laptop battery with no additional UI
overhead.

> Heck my UPS only gives me about 2 minutes of server uptime, so I would
> want "Shutdown" as my pretty much only request!

I get around 30 minutes on mine at home, and two hours off the one at
work.  Brownouts are unfortunately common around here, especially during
the summer.  Making the UPS last is pretty important.