Re: [Utopia] Re: [Gnome-Power-Devel] power mgmt in GNOME; requirements?

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 22:17 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 05:10:43PM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> > We should just detect when an external monitor is plugged in. That won't
> > happen before the stuff Jon Smirl is working on lands in the Linux
> > kernel though.
>
> A lot of hardware just doesn't support this.

Well, if the X server somehow gets configured to actually use the
external monitor something like g-p-m should know this, right?

Maybe I should have written "just detect when an external monitor is
being used" instead.

Cheers,
David