Re: [Utopia] Re: [Gnome-Power-Devel] power mgmt in GNOME; requirements?

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 21:25 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Also, I wouldn't mention anything about Wireless Mice etc. in the
> > preferences dialogs at all - the only visible place in g-p-m for such is
> > to put up a warning when the battery is low (maybe show them too for the
> > tooltip for the notification icon).
>
> Not even in misc?

I cannot think of what options the user wants to tweak? It seems to me
there are none really.

However, it seems to me that it's useful information, what about this
ASCII art proposal for a _tooltip_ when the users hover the pointer over
the notification area icon:

 | Running on [Power Adapter|Batteries] | <-+ plural only if two laptop
 |                                      |   | batteries are inserted
 | Laptop batteries:        42% charged | <--
 |          2 hours 5 minutes remaining |
 | Logitech M600 mouse:     14% charged |
 | APC UPS:                100% charged |
 |           30 minutes emergency power |

Just an idea..

> Cool, thanks for the input David,

Likewise.

Cheers,