Re: [Utopia] [patch] gvm property name changes

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 16:00 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Hi, hadess.

> I'd rather have a way to tell if the mass-storage device is a camera
> rather than knowning if the camera is a mass-storage device (which we
> can guess from the applications/libgphoto themselves).

I am unsure which approach you are favoring :)

Setting the camera capability on a volume that g-v-m detects photos on
is telling us that a mass-storage device is a camera (or a flash card
from a camera, which I think is what David is trying to remedy).

So, we know it is a mass storage device (HAL tells us it is a volume and
g-v-m mounts it) and now g-v-m can say "oh, it is also a camera".

If it has a DCIM tree, I'd like to treat it like a camera, because I'd
like for our camera solution (whatever it is - gphoto,
gphoto+improvements, something else) to be able to handle any camera or
flash card from a camera, like Mac OS X does today.  I don't want to
special case proprietory-interface cameras that gphoto handles any
differently from cameras (or flash cards) that are simply USB mass
storage devices.

	Robert Love