Re: [Utopia] [patch] gvm property name changes

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 10:54 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 22:45 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> Hey, David.
>
> > I've just renamed some properties in hal so here is a patch that updates
> > gvm to use the new property names. In the patch there's a few fixes and
> > I've also made one change you might want to consider:
>
> Thanks!
>
> I checked in everything but this:
>
> > When detecting photos on a volume we add the capability 'camera'. This
> > is nice, but I think this capability name should be reserved for cameras
> > that libgphoto can handle so I've renamed the capability to
> > 'content.photos' - makes sense?
>
> Hm, I dunno.  What if gphoto adds support for mass storage (I strongly
> want it to)?  It actually has it today, gphoto has some feature could
> directory mode (I think?) that can slurp up trees of photos doing normal
> file I/O.  I also do not like the idea of tying a HAL capability to the
> abilities of gphoto, which is a policy decision.
>
> I'm not strongly opinionated on this, though.  Your thouhgts?  Others
> thoughts?

I'd rather have a way to tell if the mass-storage device is a camera
rather than knowning if the camera is a mass-storage device (which we
can guess from the applications/libgphoto themselves).

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
underpants in a tumble dryer.