Re: [Utopia] [patch] gvm property name changes

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 22:45 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:

Hey, David.

> I've just renamed some properties in hal so here is a patch that updates
> gvm to use the new property names. In the patch there's a few fixes and
> I've also made one change you might want to consider:

Thanks!

I checked in everything but this:

> When detecting photos on a volume we add the capability 'camera'. This
> is nice, but I think this capability name should be reserved for cameras
> that libgphoto can handle so I've renamed the capability to
> 'content.photos' - makes sense?

Hm, I dunno.  What if gphoto adds support for mass storage (I strongly
want it to)?  It actually has it today, gphoto has some feature could
directory mode (I think?) that can slurp up trees of photos doing normal
file I/O.  I also do not like the idea of tying a HAL capability to the
abilities of gphoto, which is a policy decision.

I'm not strongly opinionated on this, though.  Your thouhgts?  Others
thoughts?

	Robert Love