Re: [Utopia] gnome-vfs, hal and debian

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
The repo still has the packages. I've updated them to the latest hal patch
today :)

IT seems that the patched VFS package had a bug in there when I installed it. It all worked fine until a few days back when I opened up GEdit (where I do all my writing) and the application kept crashing when I tried to open a file. I suspected this was a VFS issue as the dialog box had access to the devices and kept crashes. I removed GNOME, reinstalled without the patched VFS package and it works fine.

I have no idea what triggered the bug, but I suspect it may have been adding a device tot he system that triggered a bug in the VFS or something.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer