Re: [Utopia] KDE Volume Manager

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 13:38 +0200, Jerome Lodewyck wrote:

Awesome!  I am glad the KDE folks are getting on this. ;-)

> - a system tray icon that enables the user to easily unmount removable
> media

Oh, this is an interesting feature that g-v-m does not have.

>  - storage.has_pictures when it contains a directory like picture(s)
> image(s) or DCIM

I don't think HAL should do something as specific and policy-oriented as
mounting all new devices, walking the filesystem, etc.

I do this in g-v-m, and then I actually go to HAL and tell it to set the
camera capability.  KVM could do that, too.

Best,

	Robert Love