Re: [Utopia] GVM - fstab symlink patch

Hi,

I just committed a change to fstab-sync to check if an entry in
the /etc/fstab is a symlink and if so update the block.device property
on the hal device object if it is.

So, it looks like this more or less

 1. hald detects that /dev/hdd is a CD-ROM drive, adds it to TDL
 2. fstab-sync runs, detects that /etc/fstab contains an entry
    for /dev/cdrom and that /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdd
 3. fstab-sync changes block.device to /dev/cdrom
 4. all callouts finished
 5. device added to GDL
 6. g-v-m and k-v-m do their thing

So, I guess this pretty much solves the problem with the advantage that
higher-level apps such as g-v-m, k-v-m doesn't need to work around this.

David