Re: [Utopia] persistent partition naming

David Zeuthen said:

> Woow, I'm not going to comment on that vendors approach to security, but
> perhaps a .fdi can be used to blacklist the partition with the software
> used for authentication (I guess the software is Windows only) so it is
> not mounted or shown in GNOME.

Thats where the interesting thing starts. In windows, yes in the locked
state only the "floppy" drive shows. In linux, in the open state the
largest volume shows, it was only when I put "probe all luns" or something
in the kernel for no particular reason that the sdb part showed up.
I havn't played with the locked state very much.

It is a very strange device, but It came free with some toner, and it
works so I aint argueing. Thought you may find it interesting though.

> I'm assuming that at least part of the storage device is not 'secured'
> and exactly this is usable in GNOME. That would require some design
> decisions on the storage.* namespace and changes to g-v-m I guess. Care
> to send a patch and a .fdi-file?

Emmm...wouldn't know where to start, and at the mooment so long as I can
see it in the open state I'm not too bothered. :)
--
"The 'eye-for-an-eye' mentality, leaves everyone blind."
Martin Luther King Jr.