Re: [Utopia] persistent partition naming

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:10:23 +0200
David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:

> A floppy drive? How does this look - can you send the output of lshal
> and/or a screenshot?

At the moment no, later I can. The idea is when the "security switch" is
"closed" a floppy drive shows up, and you run the security software from
there to validate yourself, which opens up the rest of the device as a
removable media device. When the switch is "open" both a floppy drive
and another removable drive show up. This works as intened in windows,
but looks a little strange in linux. It shows as one device, with
volumes on/dev/sda1 and/dev/sdb1-3. That sounds really strange, I will
get that screen-shot later.

> > So, two volumes you may want to mount, both none seperable from the
> > device, showing up as two devicesows that for a complictaed
> > arrangement?
>
> hal will create, through a callout, fstab entries for all
> non-top-level block devices that is related to the device. g-v-m tries
> to mount all of them. Only the ones with supported filesystems are
> actually mounted.
>
> So how is this a problem?

Ahh....in that case there is no problem.

At the moment though, using
default hal/gvm setups, I had to add the stuff for gvm to mount the
right volume, I did it by playing with udev rules.