[Usability] Usability

I was recently looking at the general Linux subreddit and saw that Unity reporting "another informative" usability session, which irritates me as a so-called "power user" because once again these usability testings are focused on Windows and Mac users, and not one of these users have been Linux/Gnome users.

That said, what about Gnome 3? Are the Gnome devs doing usability testing at all? It seems that much of any usability testing was done back last year. Are there any current plans to do more usability testing?