Re: [Usability] usability Digest, Vol 89, Issue 5

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Nikolai Rachmaninoff <nikolairachmaninoff gmail com> wrote:
I suggest you to use Dockbarx or Cairo dock, since they both can be used as panels too.

Gnome 3.x is still under active development, and is not ready yet/not a ''finished product''.
The best thing you can do right now(In order to avoid any kind of problem), is to keep working on a Gnome 2.3x interface, until more improvements will not be available.

Any comment from others? Should we make two tasks, each for 3.x and 2.3x?

On 10/31/2011 01:00 PM, usability-request gnome org wrote:

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Google Code-In 2011: Tasks wanted! (Andika Triwidada)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 02:59:02 +0700
From: Andika Triwidada<andika gmail com>
To: usability gnome org
Subject: Re: [Usability] Google Code-In 2011: Tasks wanted!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Ross Burton<ross burtonini com>  wrote:
I'd like to see a task to review the desktop and core apps on
1024x600, reporting and hopefully working with designers and fixing
any problems. ?For example, the Evolution settings dialog isn't usable

Hi Ross,

What do you think of this task?

Investigate the usability of GNOME applications on netbooks
 * Task description:
    ** Investigate the usability of GNOME applications when used on
netbooks  with 1024x600 pixel screen.
    ** Results should be recorded on a page in,
covering some points:
       *** application name
       *** usability status: good/some problem/unusable
       *** detailed info about which window/dialog having usability problem
       *** screen capture of those problems
* Expected results: usability table on
* Requirements: netbook with 1024x600 resolution running GNOME 3.2 or
a GNOME 3.2 guest VM run in a 1024x600 window, English
* Difficulty: easy-average
* Estimated Time: 5 days