Re: [Usability] Recognizing GNOME-compliant apps

A good way to track this would be to get projects to publish machine
readable meta-data about their projects. DOAP is one standard for
this, and is extensible.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/doap.xml

OSS Watch have created a registry project that provides mechanisms to
create, store and search DOAP records and I suggest will be very
useful in this context

http://registry.oss-watch.ac.uk/
http://code.google.com/p/simal/

--