Re: [Usability] Fork request by Linus Torvlads

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 14:42 -0600, Ted Pomeroy wrote:
> Olav, Tell me more about Gnome "fallback" mode. This could be very
> useful.

Why don't you give it a try? Fallback mode loads automatically if your
graphics hardware is not sufficient for the full GNOME 3 experience and
it works quite nicely.

> Also let me know if Gnome 2.30 or 2.32 will remain available
> for installation on Debian (.deb format) systems.

That's a question for Debian's maintainers, not a question for GNOME.
It's up to Debian what they want to do.

> Also think about whether a computer using various special components,
> metals and plastic should be considered obsolete after only five
> years. Is that not wasteful of natural and mineral resources?

I use a 7-year-old laptop with GNOME 3 in fallback mode at home with
little issue.

> Also beware of complexity for its own sake.

That's quite the point of GNOME 3.

Cheers,
~m