[Usability] Fork request by Linus Torvlads

Dear Gnome, I have seen the fork request by Linus Torvalds and I
agree. I am a happy user of Gnome 2.30.2 and wonder why the
"innovation" is driving Gnome away from the principles of user ease
and user choice. For instance, I change the start up music, because I
can, I keep my desktop neat, because I can and use the drop-down menus
because they are clear and complete (and I can modify them to hide
unwanted application links).  Note, I also tend to use older hardware
because I am on a budget and I love to tell people, "I take a 3-10
year old computer that MS Windows cannot run on and make it a
delightful and FULL functioning tool."
Is Gnome going to remain a "delightful and functioning tool" for the
user? Ted P.