[Usability] Netbook experience

Hi everyone,
I have been following Gnome Shell development for quite a while, reading blogs and watching videos of it in action. While I really like its user interface in theory (Hot corner, Exposé, Messaging tray, ...), I was really disappointed when I tried the final version of Gnome Shell on my netbook today.

Because Gnome 3 features bigger UI elements than Gnome 2, Gnome Shell is unfit for small screens. A number of windows can't even fit on the screen, and, unless you know that you can move a window using "Alt" (which most users don't know), you're out of luck [1]. Sometimes, you can't even close this window because the "Close" button has been removed from the title bar and resides at the bottom [2] [3].
Some applications, although they fit inside the screen, are unusable in their default state. Rhythmbox, for example, can only show about 2 songs in its default state [4]. Nautilus, although it is somewhat usable, is still a disappointment over my current Nautilus Elementary window [5][6].

Before this is fixed, I will stick to the standard Gnome desktop (or perhaps switch to Ubuntu's Unity desktop). Or is there a way to fix this right now?

Also, will fixing this be even considered by the Gnome team or is it too late for a fix?
(I'm assuming that the fix will come when the Resolution Independence work is done [7].)

[1] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wA89CvByxNbpvxGT_Gao9g?feat=directlink
[2] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vL3pm9qQSf4CPv0JFxEm8g?feat=directlink
[3] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/jWXIgN27woTpyf9GNU0rOg?feat=directlink
[4] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3LBm6bUky5UMC3dpLmzdNw?feat=directlink
[5] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q2yQZlNB4zm2wndkUhx7DQ?feat=directlink
[6] https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6dN2-ZtMzf0kx-2Y833jqQ?feat=directlink
[7] https://live.gnome.org/GTK+/RI

P. S. I'm new here, so tell me if I did something wrong or if this message belongs somewhere else. Thanks.