Re: [Usability] Cross-Desktop UI Pattern Library

What could be our next step? :)

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Calum Benson <calum benson oracle com> wrote:

On 7 Sep 2010, at 15:58, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> There is a chance that Google would have some interest in a pattern
> library, but of course they could easily do it all themselves and it
> might be difficult to get  a hold of the right person.

From memory, Google already has its own (internal) pattern library, so I doubt they'd have much interest in working on another one, unless they were prepared to open up their own.

That said, there are already a ton of other webapp pattern libraries out there anyway -- more or less all the libraries that show up when you Google for "UI pattern library" are just such things.  Yahoo's is probably the closest to what Google might be using: <http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/>

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.