Re: [Usability] Sticky Keys

On 29 May 2010, at 11:58, Felipe Erias Morandeira wrote:

> Do you want to deactivate Sticky Keys?
> You just pressed two keys at once, or pressed the Shift key 5 times in a
> row. This turns off the Sticky Keys feature, which affects the way you
> keyboard works.
>
> [Don't deactivate] [Deactivate] [Cancel] [OK]
>

> Everything about this dialog is wrong:
>
> - I don't know what Sticky Keys is

In its slight defence, the dialog is asking if you want to *deactivate* the feature, which suggests you had already turned it on (deliberately or otherwise).  In general, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to assume that you wouldn't have turned it on if you didn't know what it was for, even if that's not quite what happened here.

That said, the "do you want to activate sticky keys?" notification doesn't give you any more information either. Adding a brief description to that, or linking to an appropriate section of online help, is probably a reasonable enhancement request.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation, Ireland
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.