Re: [Usability] Tab implementation review

Hey,

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 17:12 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> Any comments or suggestions?
I not read it completely yet but so far I miss a comparison to the
window list. The window list is the same just "a level higher" in the
structure.

I think there are similarities, similar problems, for example the "not
enough space situations" - anyone thought about the "group similar"
function could be adopted for tabs?

I imagine it could be useful for webbrowsing (grouping all tabs of one
domain) and could be help handling lots of tabs.

Not sure for textediting? But i doesnt got a lot of tabs open there most
time. Maybe grouping by similar path. Not sure.

Just a thought, not a complete idea or suggestion. I just miss the
comparison as I think the window list solves a similar problem as tabs
do.

Also there are differences: Windows got a window bar and a button in the
window list while tabs "got both in one"

Just some incitation,
Florian