Re: [Usability] Tab implementation review

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 12:16 +0000, Allan Day wrote:

> > - Use Ctrl+{ / (Open brace) Ctrl+} (Close brace) to move between
> tabs
>
> Oh? Why not Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown?

I would prefer Ctrl+PgUp/Down and also wonder the advantages of { / }
besides that they are probably not always taken as shortcut as crtl
+pgUp/down is in gedit for example.

Its hard to find a shortcut thats fine for every program and every
keyboard layout...

Main reason I prefer ctrl+PgUp is that, ctrl+PgUp is two keys and ctrl
+{ three.

{ is shift + "[" on US layout

I think I use (when typing on US Layout) the right shift key to to this,
which is uncomfortable to press shift+strg together on my laptop because
of the fn key.

On my German keyboard { is AltGr + 7 which is not very comfortable on
its own.

Its really different from keyboard to keyboard, from layout to layout
but while these are just to examples I think PgUp/PgDown is generally
better reachable then { / }.

Florian