Re: [Usability] Suggestions for improving the Nautilus

Hi

I agree with all your suggestions.

As for bulk renaming, the idea was already posted on Ubuntu Barinstorm
many times[1], and there is a Nautilus script to do this.[2] That
script needs to be modified to have a "from" text box and a "to" text
box instead of perl syntax like "s///". Also, there should be some GUI
for common actions like case changes, to help users discover and learn
regexps. A simple a script to do that is at [3]. It needs to be
modified to have all options and text input in one dialog box, display
the regular expression for the chosen action, and allow user-defined
regular expressions.

[1] http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/1388/
[2] http://jrfonseca.blogspot.com/2006/05/mass-renaming-in-nautilus.html
[3] http://lebslabs.googlepages.com/Tenamer.sh