Re: [Usability] Request for feedback: Alarm Clock UI

Hello Allan, thank you for the reply!

As far as I know, GNOME Shell will support applets in the notification
area so I'm in the process of moving the Alarm Clock there. Thus it
should still function under GNOME Shell. (Also there's really no
reason for it to be an independent applet at this point.) Of course
once the new applets system is ready in GNOME Shell I'll consider
migrating :-)

Instead of redesigning the alarms list as a popup menu, maybe I'll
improve the current alarms list window. I have some ideas - I'll make
some mockups and post them on the wiki page soonish.

Regarding notify-osd - currently notifications are done through
libnotify and have several actions (Snooze, Stop, ...). However,
notify-osd does not support any extra actions and simply displays them
as a (rather ugly) popup dialog. My idea was to only send simple
notifications that notify-osd can display properly and move the alarm
actions to the applet UI itself.

Additionally I'd like to provide some visual feedback when an alarm
goes off, to indicate how the alarm can be stopped/snoozed (icon
blinking for example.) Then the notifications can be simplified to
better comply with notify-osd and also be compatible with other
notification systems.

Thank you for pointing out the post on the proposed notification
system for GNOME Shell. Very interesting :-)  I'll definitely look
more into GNOME Shell for future developments.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Johannes H. Jensen