Re: [Usability] Overthinking things.

Quoting Diego Moya <turingt gmail com>:

2009/12/9 Lincoln Yeoh  wrote:
At 07:34 PM 12/9/2009, kerberos wrote:
I think in many cases having/requiring the user/"bug" submitter "talk"
directly to the developer may not be the best way of doing things. And
instead someone else should be between the two.

So I suggest that this sort of thing is best done by someone else.

Lincoln, as I see it this work is best assumed by distributions.
Typically distro users post their concerns in user forums, and many
times someone with more technical knowledge offers to file a bug in
their regard. This addresses your concerns, as distro workers are more
likely to feel pressed by users to solve this kind of bugs affecting
end users.

There are generally only forums for support, and then they are generally problem solving. New ideas and bugs have no real place in any of the forums I have ever visited and are generally badly recieved. If you want to discuss the fact that Gimp is the usability equivelant of being hit in the face with a brick (and what to do about it) there is no venue for that pretty much anywhere. It's just cross your fingers and hope they fix it eventually.