Re: [Usability] Gnome's biggest failure. By far. Stone-cold evil.

On 20 Aug 2009, at 20:51, Vadim Peretokin wrote:

Frankly, I've yet to see a single yet besides you who makes such a big fuss
over their panel.

To be fair, we've heard a lot of complaints about it at Sun over the years, too, where people are frequently hot-desking between hardware that supports different resolutions.

Unfortunately, as others have said, it's a difficult problem to solve well, and not one we've ever really had time to look into ourselves. At this stage, it might well be more productive to focus on making sure that similar issues don't afflict GNOME 3.x.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team