Re: [Usability] Gnome's biggest failure. By far. Stone-cold evil.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Jim March <1 jim march gmail com> wrote:
Look at it from a user's point of view: I set my screen/panel layouts
up.  That's my work.  Nobody has a right to destroy it.

To ignore this bug for 3+ years means that at a fundamental level,
Gnome doesn't care about that.
There is no one collective "Gnome" that cares or doesn't care. Gnome is made up of a lot of developers, many of which spend their free time contributing. We're all human, every single one of us is short on time, and when things slip through the cracks it's certainly not due to ill intent.

And THAT is horrifying.
Do you have any idea for preventing things like this from happening in the future? (Or even for guaranteeing that the bug gets fixed now.) If so, I'd love to be enlightened.

Jim