Re: [Usability] GNOME Command line interface
- From: SzG <sub o gero gmail com>
- To: Florian Ludwig <dino phidev org>
- Cc: usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] GNOME Command line interface
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:39:35 +0200
Yes I agree, there is a built-in solution for each use case. But I'm so
extremely lazy that I preferred working day and night on my "go" script
instead of having to memorize a few hotkeys. But now it's paradise!
One remark: typing "foo" in a terminal will start the GTK application
"foo", but you will have 2 problems:
* your terminal gets blocked while "foo" is running
* closing your terminal will kill "foo"
But "go foo" will do the job perfectly.
I've tried Gnome Do as well with mixed results. See my reply to Ted.
] [Thread Prev