Re: [Usability] Usability Digest, Vol 60, Issue 7

That is one of the most impressive mockups I have ever seen.

I don't think the alt+key functionality is a total pitfall, but a
consistent and obvious means to reveal them doesn't seem like it would
require too much cleverness.

What's a more difficult question is the ctrl+shortcuts.

The other concern would be Ctrl+key shortcut visibility. I know the GIMP
places Ctrl+key shortcuts in tooltips. However, I question the overall
usability of tooltips, particularly because of their delay which, in
extension, increases the power-user learning curve. Then, another
concern would be a solution to this that resembles emacs.

Besides this, the other concern would be apps that use menus and
traditionally present short widths (Empathy or Pidgin, for instance), OR
have unreasonably long menus or unreasonably long-worded menu options
which would be not so much in GNOME, but apps that are distributed
alongside GNOME.