Re: [Usability] side pane in nautilus

On 2 Sep 2008, at 12:23, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

Op dinsdag 02-09-2008 om 10:42 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Luca
Cappelletti:

In my experience and what I've observed to my tested users, nobody of
them went off Places sidebar menu.They never selected Tree or Emblems.

That's because it's unobvious that they exist in the first place.

If the sidebar dropdown menu were replaced by an accordion widget[1], I
wouldn't be surprised when the results were very different!

Yeah-- for one thing, I'd scream :) I've hated those widgets since the first day I saw one in Microsoft Exchange (as Outlook was called then)... it generated more support calls in our office building than any new feature in any product I can ever remember :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team