Re: [Usability] A New Start Menu Design, which resemble windows

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 11:02 +0300, Karoliina Salminen wrote:
> So in my opinion there would be other places to look at for innovation
> for desktop:
> - MacOSX
> - Nokia Internet tablets (N810 for example, the size constraint drives
> innovation), the hildon-desktop is open source.
> - Apple iPhone

I installed the Ubuntu Netbook-Remix on my laptop. While the launcher
was not intended to run on a large screen, I think it works very well.
There are a lot of good ideas in it. I don't know of a website with lots
of pics, but this article describes some of the behaviours:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080604-hands-on-with-the-ubuntu-netbook-remix.html

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.