Re: [Usability] A New Start Menu Design, which resemble windows

1. To be blank, I took it for granted at the first sight that the reason why gnome made three menu items on the panel was that it was not possible to implement a complicated start menu like windows using current GTK/Gnome technology. That is one of the reasons that drive me up to design this Start menu.

2. In my opinion, recently used objects should be divided into three categories: programs, documents, and locations. As for the start menu, there should be menu items (or submenus) representing Recently Used Programs, Recently Opened Documents, and Recently Accessed Locations. In my start menu, I used Gnome "recently used documents" callback functions and implemented "Recent Documents" menu item. I planed "recently used applications" menuitems and want to port this function from Suse's main menu; And the "recent locations" menu items are for Internet browser such as firefox and is to be implemented. In fact, documents and locations can be all identified by URLs, we can implement this by technolgies such as file type association.