Re: [Usability] A New Start Menu Design, which resemble windows

> Also, I'm sometimes jealous of systems where frequently accessed items
> automatically appear in a more accessible place. However in the very
> limited user testing I've done in completely unrelated software shows
> that people are often surprised when things change automatically.
To counter that, the section in which the recent items are shown
should be labeled "Recently accessed files"* - this makes it clear that
the items in that list will change; hence there will be no surprises
when they do.

Since such a label is missing, naturally users assume that it will be
constant unless explicitly modified, and they ARE surprised when they
see changes

From the user's perspective, the problem is not that the list changed,
but that it changed without their consent. The label will do the
trick, it can use some of the space freed up after removing the bar
with the name of the currently logged on user :-)

* not sure about the wording, maybe "documents" instead of "files", or
  simply "Recently accessed"