Re: [Usability] Gnome Shell update and personas - focus or distraction?

On 12 Nov 2008, at 14:25, Allan Day wrote:

I'm not familiar with the development of personas... are they supposed
to be representative of some kind of section of users?

Personas are archetypes that don't necessarily map directly on to any one 'real' user. But the union of the personas you use on any one project should, hopefully, be representative of that project's target audience.

I'd recommend reading the blog entries at cooper.com about persona development:
<http://www.cooper.com/journal/personas/>

And here are a couple of persona-related podcasts I've listened to recently, that were quite informative:
<http://www.uxpod.com/index.php?post_id=160220>
<http://www.uie.com/brainsparks/2007/11/21/usability-tools-podcast-robust-personas/ >

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team